Wednesday 21 September 2011

My looks do not define me-Part One

One problem that people with a facial disfigurement/disability etc. have is that people sometimes don't seem to understand that apart from that one thing that makes them stand out they are in fact no different from anyone else.

This is what this series of posts is about, I will post between regular posts every once in a while about something not related to TCS.

So after stating my deep appreciation to be able to listen to music I might as well talk about the bands/artists that I like.

My top 5 bands at this current time would have to be:
  1. Radiohead-such an amazing and versatile band, top of my list even though their first album isn't that great and their most recent album is hard to get into.
  2. Muse-I hate it when people say they are a Radiohead tribute act when they sound nothing like them. Three amazing musicians who know how to put on a show and write some cracking tunes.
  3. Foo fighters-have to say I'm not a fan of some of their songs but they have such a list of hits that it doesn't matter. A truly modern rock band with a great sense of humour (see their videos for learn to fly, a long road to ruin etc.)
  4. Biffy Clyro-another band who really know how to rock, watched their revolutions live dvd recently and was blown away at how fantastic they were.
  5. The Killers-saw them live a few years ago and they smashed it out of the park. I remember when I got my first mp3 player and Mr. Brightside, Smile like you mean it and Somebody told me were three of my most played tracks.
Favourite songs at the minute are:
  • Queens of the stone age-lost art of keeping a secret
  • Tired Pony-that silver necklace 
  • Red hot chili peppers-raindance maggie
  • Two door cinema club-come back home
  • Snow Patrol-called out in the dark
Also saw this the other day, not that fussed on the screaming/yelling but that chorus has been stuck in my head since I first heard it:



No comments:

Post a Comment