Saturday 30 June 2012

Everlong

In my last post I was excited about covering this song at my music school's (ICM) summer concert, the concert was last night and went pretty well, once again I was surprised how good some of the younger students were though I guess my excuse was that I didn't start until I was 12 (I think).

 I am pretty happy with my performance though the sound could be a bit better but it's hard to get it right when you have so many acts and each one consisting of different instruments and line-ups and backing tracks etc. The drums were pretty loud for me and I was glad I could turn my hearing aid off though I'm not sure what happened with the bass, I thought I couldn't hear it because of where I was standing but you can't really hear it on the video either. I also know that it sounds a bit "empty" at times, the original has a second guitar and originally my guitar teacher was meant to be playing that part but he was drafted into playing bass and wasn't replaced.

Well anyway enough of my excuses and rambling, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment