Saturday 20 August 2011

Jobs

I have to say that as bad as the job market is it is even worse if you have to narrow your options. I would quite like to get a part time job for the experience but when you take away shop assistant, waiter or any other job that requires you to be face to face with a large number of people then there is not much left. You might ask why I have narrowed my options, it is due to having TCS. All of these jobs require you to be able to listen, communicate effectively and deal with the public and I do not feel as if I could do any of these well enough. I am a good listener but when it comes to a noisy shop environment it would be difficult and if you get a customer lacking in patience then they might get annoyed if they had to repeat themselves. As for communicating effectively due to my cleft palate even people who know me and have been around me for a long time have difficulty understanding what I say sometimes and I even carried around a notebook for uni in order to write anything down if people didn't understand me (I have since realised that my phone is just as good). But this would not be very practical in a job situation. Finally dealing with the public as I spoke about in my entry-"Stop and stare" people especially children can be quite cruel with staring and even comments so I would be nervous working in a shop when it is likely that I'll have at least one incident of this.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment