Sunday 31 August 2014

Reintroduction

I thought whilst doing the previous post that I should probably reintroduce myself since it has been several years since I started this blog. I also thought it was about time I shared some proper pictures of myself so people can see what I actually look like.
Out collecting leaf samples for my PhD

Hello, my name is James, I am 22 years old and I have Treacher Collins Syndrome. I have what I would consider a medium case of TCS in that I am affected by it and it is noticeable but it is not severe. I wear a bone conducting hearing aid in order to hear properly. Over my life I've had to have several operations such as to fix the hole in the roof of my mouth, a jaw distraction, insertion of a trach and feeding tube. (which was removed many many years ago) I currently live at home with my parents, my older brother and my cat and I'm about to start a 3 year PhD research project looking at the population genetics of native Irish trees.  My hobbies include playing guitar, playing video-games, watching tv, reading (books and graphic novels/comics) and football (both watching and playing). 
Malta



This me dressed up for my university graduation




This is me just before Tennants Vital 2012 standing in front of a poster

No comments:

Post a Comment