Wednesday 26 June 2013

I feel good!

Well my degree is over and I finally got my results last week. I've ended up with a 2:1 degree which I'm very happy with (for those who don't live in the UK, degrees here are classified with 1st being the best, then 2:1, then 2:2, then 3rd and finally pass). It ended up that out of our original group of eight friends doing the degree all of us got 2:1s apart from one who got a 1st. It was a tough and at times long three years but it has been a very good experience and I'm very happy that I chose the subject and even more pleased that my hard work has paid off especially in this years research project which I got a first in.  The only thing left for me to do is to graduate and the ceremony is next week and if my brother's is anything to go by its a rather dry affair but ours has the bonus that one of my heroes-David Attenborough is meant to be receiving an honorary degree and giving a speech which should be great.
Legend! I just hope I get to shake his hand

To add to my good mood I also found out that I have passed my grade 6 guitar exam much to my relief after being quite nervous in the exam. I've been told that my mark was well above that needed to pass which I'm very pleased with. I'm also very happy that I was able to get together with two friends from high school and another student from my music school to perform at my music school's summer concert. It was nice performing and practising with people around my own age rather than having to depend on the teachers at the school who often have loads of pieces to learn. We debated song choices among ourselves before finally settling on Nirvana's In Bloom. I really enjoyed the performance and it's probably the most relaxed I've been, hopefully we can play together again in the future.


How I currently feel

Here is a video of our performance at the concert:


No comments:

Post a Comment